I have been preparing material on new pattern IIT JEE 2020 exams and researched almost all the books available. Here are the list of materials:
- None of the books are strong in all the topics
- Some of the books are still based on subjective question pattern
- Some books are good in theory but not have enough practice questions. There are couple of books which have both theory and practice questions covered decently.
- You Required three kinds of books with you:
- Reference Books: Not recommended for regular reading, only for topics when deeper understanding is required.
- Theory Books: Regular reading books to understand the theory and be able to cover the syllabus on time.
- Practice Books: Quality questions with large variety based on current JEE pattern
JEE MAIN GURU Team Recommendations:
- Just One Author Books: Students who want to follow just one author book to cover all their needs I would recommend following books
- Maths: G Tewani Cengage Publications
- Physics: DC Pandey (set of 5 books)
- Chemistry: KS Verma Cengage Publications
- Reference/Theory/Questions Separate Books:
- Maths (Reference): None
- Maths (Theory): NCERT
- Maths (Questions): G Tewani Books and Comprehensive Mathematics By Tata McGraw Hill
- Physics (Reference): Resnick, Halliday and Walker
- Physics (Theory): HC Verma Volume-1 and Volume-2
- Physics (Questions): DC Pandey (all 5 books) and BM Sharma Cengage Publication
- Chemistry (Reference):
- Physical: None
- Inorganic: JD Lee
- Organic: LG Wade
- Chemistry (Theory): NCERT
- Chemistry (Questions):
- Physical: KS Verma
- Inorganic: OP Tondon, KS Verma
- Organic: KS Verma, RK Gupta
- Must-Have Complementary Books:
- 14 years Solved papers (2003–2016) or a newer version from Arihant Publications
- 38 years topicwise chapter wise solved papers (Maths: Amit M Agarwal, Physics: DC Pandey, Chemistry: Ranjeet Shahi)
There are a lot of others good books also but above are the ones that you should finish first and revisit again and again to strengthen all the topics.
Other Good Books are:
Maths (easier side): RD Sharma, SK Goyal
Maths (tougher side): A Das, ML Khanna, Amit Agarwal
Physics (easier side): MCQs By D Mukherji
Physics (tougher side): IE Irodov, P Gnadig
Chemistry: Numerical Chemistry-P Bahadur, RC Mukerjee , Peter Sykes Organic Chemistry
|Heat & Thermodynamics||12.90%|
|SHM & Waves||6.45%|
Best Books for JEE Main Physics
Many students find Phyiscs to be difficult. It’s mainly because in Physics, both the theory and numericals require much effort to understand and get comfortable with. I have listed below some good books for JEE MAINS which will help to prepare better for PHYSICS.
- NCERT books for physics: NCERT books are a must-have for your JEE MAIN preparation. The JEE MAIN syllabus is almost the same as the syllabus of class 11 and class 12 of the CBSE curriculum. There are certain topics that are in the JEE MAIN syllabus. The question of such topics can generally be answered if you study those topics from the NCERT books. You generally don’t need to refer to other books for studying those topics.
- Concepts of physics vol -1 by H C verma : This book contains the theory and questions of the syllabus of class 11 CBSE curriculum. However, the questions of this book are more difficult than those of the NCERT books . You should solve questions of the corresponding topic from the NCERT.
- Concepts of Physics Vol-2 by H C Verma : The contents of this book are based on the CBSE class 12 syllabus. You should try solving the questions from this book after you’re done with the corresponding topic from the NCERT books.
Understanding Physics for JEE Main and Advanced, Mechanics Part1 and Part 2: Forgoing from the level of qualifying the JEE Main exam to the level of getting a good rank in JEE Main, the DC Pandey series of books might help you a lot. The books on Mechanics by DC Pandey are one of the best books for JEE Main mechanics.
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main & Advanced Electricity & Magnetism by DC Pandey: This book will help you strengthen your concepts of electricity and magnetism, which is a very important topic for the JEE Main Physics question paper.
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main & Advanced Optics & Modern Physics by DC Pandey: This book is helpful for you if you want to make your optics and modern physics concepts crystal clear and solve good quality questions on these topics.
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main & Advanced Waves & Thermodynamics by DC Pandey: This is a good book for thermodynamics.
Best Books For JEE Main Chemistry
- NCERT books for Chemistry: Studying NCERT chemistry books for JEE Main is very important. You should not skip doing this at any cost! In fact, the answers to most of the questions on inorganic chemistry asked in the JEE Main can be directly found in the NCERT inorganic chemistry book!
- A New Pattern Text Book of Physical Chemistry for Competitions by OP Tandon: You should solve questions from this book once you have solved questions of the corresponding topic from the NCERT books. It has a good balance of theory, objective questions, and subjective questions.
- Concepts Of Physical Chemistry By Dr. P.Bahadur: This book has some difficult questions and is recommended by many top rankers.
- Inorganic Chemistry For Competitions For IIT JEE By Dr. O.P. Tandon: After you’re done studying inorganic chemistry from the NCERT textbooks, you can study more details on those topics from this book and then solve questions from that topic.
- Organic Chemistry by Leroy G. Wade: One of the best books for organic chemistry that explain concepts very well.
- Solomons & Fryhle’s Organic Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced): A good book for organic chemistry
- Advanced Problems In Organic Chemistry By Himanshu Pandey: This book has some really difficult organic chemistry questions. You may give it a shot if you love challenges.
Best Books For JEE Main Mathematics
- NCERT books for Mathematics: You should solve the questions firstly from these books when you study the concept for the first time.
- RD Sharma Mathematics for Class 11 and Class 12: These books are very good for building strong fundamentals. You should solve problems from these books after you’re done with the NCERT books.
- Arihant Differential Calculus: This is a good book for differential calculus.
- Arihant Integral Calculus: The questions of this book are very good and will help you get a good grasp on the topic.
- Arihant Algebra: It has a good theory and a great collection of problems.
- Arihant Vector and 3D Geometry: It has a good mix of theory and problems.
- Arihant Trigonometry: This book has some good problems. You can solve it alongside the RD Sharma books.
- IIT Mathematics for JEE Main and Advanced by ML Khanna: Solving questions from this book will help you develop strong fundamentals. You can solve questions from this book after you’re done with the RD Sharma books.
Now you know the best books for JEE Main that can help you excel in the exam. Put them to good use and ace the JEE Main. All the best!
JEE Main Important Chapters For PHYSICS
|Input Required||High Weightage||Low Weightage|
|Low Input||Heat & Thermodynamics||Heat Transfer|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Nuclear Physics & X-Rays|
|Semiconductors||Work, Energy & Power|
|Error & Instrument Analysis||Units & Measurements|
|Gravitation||Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation|
|High Input||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Circular Motion|
|Rotation||Center of Mass & Collisions|
|Electrostatics||Laws of Motion|
|Current Electricity & Capacitors|
|Properties of Matter|
|Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism|
|Bohr’s Atomic Model|
|WAVES AND MOTION|
JEE Main Important Chapters For Chemistry
|Input Required||High Weightage||Low Weightage|
|Low Input||Atomic Structure||Chemical Equilibrium|
|Gaseous & Liquid State||Redox & Volumetric Analysis|
|Nuclear & Surface Chemistry||Qualitative Analysis|
|High Input||Thermodynamics||Mole Concept|
|p-Block Elements||Ionic Equilibrium|
|General Organic Chemistry||Solid State|
|Aldehydes and Ketones||Periodic Classification|
|Carboxylic Acids & Its Derivatives||Classification & Nomenclature|
|Alcohol & Ether|
|Nitrogen Compounds & Aliphatic Amines|
|Biomolecules & Polymers|
JEE Main Important Chapters For Mathematics
|Input Required||High Weightage||Low Weightage|
|Low Input||3 Dimensional Geometry||Differential Equation|
|Determinant & Matrices||Trigonometric Equation|
|Sequence & Series||Statistics|
|Straight Line||Mathematical Logic|
|Circle||Set & Relation|
|Probability Distribution (Binomial + Mean & Variance)||Height & Distance|
|High Input||Definite Integral & Area Under the Curve||Trigonometric Ratio & Functions|
|Limits, Continuity & Differentiability||Properties of Triangle|
|Functions||Permutation & Combination|
|Application of Derivatives||Indefinite Integral|
|Binomial Theorem & M. I.|
BEST BUY LINKS TO ALL IMP IITJEE BOOKS(PCM) DISCOUNTED AMAZON BUY LINKS
- Hc Verma
- Hc Verma vol2
- Understanding Physics For Jee Main & Advanced Electricity & Magnetism Dc Pandey
- Understanding Physics For Jee Main & Advanced Optics & Modern Physics Dc Pandey
- Understanding Physics For Jee Main & Advanced Waves & Thermodynamics
- Concepts Of Modern Physics
- Problems In General Physics Ie Irodov
- Physics, Vol 1 Resnick Halliday Krane
- Resnick Vol 2
- Arihant New Pattern Physics Dc Pandey
- Mathematics For Class 11 By R D Sharma
- Skills In Mathematics – Coordinate Geometry For Jee Main & Advanced Sk Goyal
- Skills In Mathematics – Integral Calculus For Jee Main & Advanced Amit Agarwal Arihant
- A Textbook Of Algebra For Jee Main & Advanced Sk Goyal
- Skills In Mathematics – Vectors & 3d Geometry For Jee Main & Advanced Amit M Agarwal Arihant
- Skills In Mathematics – Trigonometry For Jee Main & Advanced Amit Arihanth
- 38 Years’ Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers (2016-1979) Iit Jee Mathematics Arihant
- Das Gupta
- New Pattern Mathematics – A Master Practice Book For Jee Main & Advanced
- 30 Days Jee Main Mathematics – 30 Days Crash Course Mtg
- New Pattern Physical Chemistry for JEE Main & JEE Advanced – Vol. 1 disha
- New Pattern Physical Chemistry for JEE Main & JEE Advanced – Vol. 2 disha
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations rc mukherjee
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry: Fifth Edition by J.D. Lee
38 Years’ Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers (2016-1979) IIT JEE
- CBSE NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions PHYSICS class 12 for 2018 – 19
- CBSE NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions CHEMISTRY class 12 for 2018 – 19
- CBSE NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions Mathematics class 12 for 2018 – 19
- CBSE NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions CHEMISTRY class 11 for 2018 – 19
- CBSE NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions PHYSICS class 11 for 2018 – 19
- CBSE NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions Mathematics class 11 for 2018 – 19
- [PDF] NV SIR 11TH CLASS PHYSICS NOTES for JEE and Boards
- [PDF] DOWNLOAD NV SIR PHYSICS NOTES COMPLETE FOR JEE
- [PDF] Download premium Mathematics Revision Notes Chapterwise for JEE Main
- [PDF] Download Pradeep kshetrapal sir Genius Notes
- [PDF] Read JH Sir Physical chemistry Notes for class 11 JEE
This website is created solely for Jee aspirants to download pdf, eBooks, study materials for free. Jeemain.guru is trying to help the students who cannot afford buying books is our aim. If you think the materials are useful kindly buy these legally from publishers
jeemain.guru does not own these materials, neither created nor scanned .we provide links that are already available on the internet. For quires please contact us email@example.com, we assure to do our best.
we don’t support piracy this copy was provided for students who are financially poor but deserve more to learn. Thankyou